General Terms and Conditions
The following General Terms and Conditions apply to all our business relationships with our customers (hereinafter: "Purchaser") if the Purchaser is a consumer within the meaning of § 13 BGB.
Prices and ordering
1. Our prices include value added tax (i.e. sales tax) at the statutory rate. Additional delivery and shipping costs are indicated with the respective product offer.
2. the presentation of the products in the online shop does not constitute a legally binding offer, but a non-binding online catalogue. By clicking on the button „Send order“ you place a binding order for the goods contained in the shopping basket. Confirmation of receipt of your order will be sent together with acceptance of the order by automated e-mail immediately after it has been
sent. The purchase contract is concluded with this email confirmation.
1. You can choose to pay by invoice (via Mollie), credit card, Sofortüberweisung, ApplePay, PayPal. In the case of purchase on account, the purchase price owed by the buyer must be paid without deduction within 14 days of receipt of the goods.
2. if the payment method purchase on account via Mollie is selected, the purchase price is due after the goods have been delivered and invoiced. In that case, the purchase price must be paid to Mollie, Keizersgracht 126, 1015CW Amsterdam, the Netherlands (hereinafter referred to as 'Mollie') within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt of the invoice without any deductions. The payment method purchase on account requires a successful credit check by Mollie. If the customer is authorised to use the payment method purchase on account after a credit check, the payment will be processed in cooperation with Mollie, to whom the seller assigns its payment claim. In this case, the customer can only make payment to Mollie with debt-discharging effect. The seller remains responsible for general customer enquiries, e.g. regarding the goods, delivery time, dispatch, returns, complaints, revocation declarations and returns or credit notes, even if the payment method purchase on account is selected via Mollie.
Retention of title; set-off; right of retention
(1) In the case of consumers, we reserve title to the purchased item until the invoice amount has been paid in full. If you are an entrepreneur in the exercise of your commercial or independent professional activity, a legal entity under public law or a special asset under public law, we reserve title to the object of sale until all outstanding claims arising from the business relationship with the customer have been settled. The corresponding security rights are transferable to third parties.
(2) You shall only be entitled to set-off if your counterclaims have been legally established or are undisputed or recognised by us, except in the case of a settlement relationship after revocation. Furthermore, you only have a right of retention if and insofar as your counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
(3) If the customer is in arrears with any payment obligations to us, all existing claims shall become immediately due and payable.
Offsetting and retention
The buyer shall only be entitled to offset against us, except in the case of a settlement agreement after revocation, if his counterclaims have been legally established, we have recognised them or they are undisputed. Furthermore, the buyer is only authorised to exercise a right of retention insofar as his counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
Right of cancellation
The cancellation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the goods.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform CHIARA AMBRA GmbH, Chiara-Ambra-Platz 1, 77743 Neuried, Tel: (+49) 7807/95 66 190, Fax: (+49) 7807/95 66 192, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You can use this Cancellation form but it is not obligatory. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we shall reimburse you for all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the cancellation); We shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees for this repayment. We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You must return or hand over the goods to us immediately and in any event no later than fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you dispatch the goods before the period of fourteen days has expired. You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You shall only be liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Return shipments are always free of charge for you if the delivered item does not correspond to the ordered item.
All goods from our shop are subject to statutory warranty rights.
The contract language is German, English and French.
Alternative dispute resolution pursuant to Art. 14 para. 1 ODR-VO and § 36 VSBG:
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS),
which you can find at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
We are prepared to participate in an out-of-court dispute resolution procedure.